Friday, April 15, 2011

So stinking excited!


This little cutie pie stole our hearts. Her name is Eileen (well, sort of... we'll talk about that next time). She's about 6 months younger than Wylie. It'll be several months before we'll be able to travel to Eastern Europe to meet her, but we'll wait as long as it takes! Eileen has a cleft palate and some delays and will no doubt need some help when we get her home. But, LOOK at that little face! It's going to get lots of kisses. And maybe a little slobber from our dog, Butters.

We explained to our parents this week what we have been working on. My mom was pretty shocked. Dan's parents were surprisingly not. Dan's grandpa is visiting this month from Washington and we got to tell him too. Grandpa Kime is all about having more great grandchildren. Over all, I think they expected us to have another child somehow and it's not too much of a stretch that we'd want to adopt one. Dan and I are kind of different. In a good way, really, I swear! Ha.

In other news: we're live on the Reece's Rainbow Family Sponsorship page! I'll get a link up on the sidebar this weekend. Dan and I are happy to be getting to know all of the other great families adopting through Reece's Rainbow and appreciate those of you who got in contact with us this morning :) You are all so very sweet. We are very comfortable now that we know we're in the company of great folks.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I found your blog on Reece's Rainbow. Eileen is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Emi! Thanks :) And welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on finding your girlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Eileen is going to have a family soon. [BIG Smile] This little girl has my heart, too! I’ve even blogged about her, secretly wishing to bring her home with our family. I say “secretly” because my husband says “now is not the time” – but try to tell my heart that.

    Blog - http://modestymatters.wordpress.com

    I will continue to pray over her and your journey to bring her home.

    Lots of love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I adore her! Wishing you much success!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kimberley, Jen and Ann!!! We're really excited!

    ReplyDelete